1. PLEASE SHARE YOUR VIEWS ABOUT ADRPLEXUS – Digital Strides
I joined Test Series (AIIMS, PGI and JIPMER) from ADrPlexus Digital Strides. The Questions were really nice plus the idea of giving the exam on computer will help you accustom to the exam environment very well. As ADrPlexus Digital Strides conducts these tests all over India, you can judge your approximate rank among the best in the country. one more thing I would like to emphasise is that they promptly review if you mark any question for doubt and reply it very soon. All in All it was a nice Experience and really helped me Crack AIIMS and PGI NOV18 PG exams.
2. What was your study Plan?
Most Importantly, start your preparation early. I started my preparation in Jan 2017 when i entered Final Year. That year I focussed on all the Final Proff Subjects just like i Had to Prepare for PG exam, not just Proffs. And Then used my Internship year to read all the 1st and 2nd Year Subjects. I was Able to complete my 1st revision by end of Sept. following which 2 months I revised the whole syllabus and gave regular Mock exams.
3. How many hours did u study ?
Over the long period of 2 years, I think I studied on average about 3-4 hrs per day. Which Gradually Increased towards the end and it came out to be about 8-10 hrs per day.
4. Your tips for success
As i have said early, start your preparation early. Read Standard Textbooks and Make good quality notes or compile them in notes you already have. Because it wont be possible to read textbooks of all subjects in the end. Notes is the best ways to quickly go through entire subjects in a short amount of time.
5. During your preparation, did you ever doubt your ability to succeed in it?
Yeah, there were times when I was losing my self-confidence. And when that happens one thing that suffers most is your Study. Whenever I felt such negative feelings, I realised it was best to relax for sometime and talk to my parents and friends openly about my fears. they helped me a lot to keep my motivation to study.
6. How much time do you think one requires for serious preparation for this examination?
I studied for 2 years - Final year Subjects in 8th and 9th sem and 1st,2nd year subjects in Internship. But I think if one Starts the preparation in Internship also, he still stands a very good chance of getting a good rank.
7. When did you seriously start preparing for this exam?
Jan 2017 in my Final Year
8. Did you face the problem of volatile memory? If so, how did you deal with it?
Unfortunately, Medical Science is a field which has lot of stuff which is Volatile. Only way to Fix them in Your Memory is to Revise again again and the topics you fell are weak plus doing MCQs.
9. What was your daily timetable during the preparation? Were you able to stick to the timetable strictly?
Although I had made a daily time-table, it was difficult to adhere to it because of Internship Schedule. So I used to study at whatever time was available to me.
10. What is your advice to the future aspirants?
Be confident, Compile all subjects in 1 place, Revise your Notes
11. Which books did you read for the theory part?
Medicine - Harrison
Surgery - Love and Bailey
OBGY- JB Sharma
Pediatrics - OP Ghai
PSM - Park
Ortho - Apurv Mehra
Optha - Khurana
ENT - Dhingra
Derma - Neena Khanna
Psych - Praveen Tripathi
Path - Robbins
Pharma - Gobind Rai Garg Review
Micro - Anantnarayan
Phsyio - Ganong
Biochem - Rebecca James Review
Anat - Grays
12. What was your strategy for the exam day?
Be Relaxed, have a good night sleep and eat light breakfast.
13. What was ur style of answering question. Whether you started from question no 1 and ended with 250 or started from middle of the question paper.
As you have to complete the exam in 3hrs, doing 250 ques is not and easy task. I just saw the Ques and followed up with my first Instinct of what the Answers are. Make SUre to Mark the ques OMR sheet side by side beacuse you might not get enough time to fill it the end.
14. Did u underwent the phase of depression. How did u overcome it?
Talking to Parents and Friends is the Most Important thing.
TIPS FOR YOUR JUNIORS
15. HOW many choices did u attempt ? ROUGH NUMBER. Please detail your strategies
I Attempted nearly 550 Choices as it is Generally Said that PGI has around this many choices corrects. You cant be Overaggressive for PGI Exam unlike AIIMS exam as Negative marking has more Weightage. Only Mark if You feel it is definitely the correct Answer. Mark the Ques side by side on OMR sheet.
16. YOUR recommended books for PG PREPARATION
Most of books I studied for PG prep are same as for theory except a few.
Path - Devesh Mishra
Micro - USMLE First AID
Forensic - Magendran
Gynae - Sakshi Arora
PSM - Vivek Jain