1. PLEASE SHARE YOUR VIEWS ABOUT ADRPLEXUS
Adr plexus is really good for time management especially PGI, & CBT MOCK gave me an real exam environment, so that time management was a not a problem at all and the rank which I got in mock CBT was more or less equal to AIPGMEE. Thanks to ADR plexus for being a part of my success Thank god, now i will get MD general medicine
2. What was your study Plan?
Like most of us, my undergraduate aim was to just, pass my exam and i didn't study the subject in depth for which i repented when i started my PG preparation 2 months after my internship completion.so i would advice to start preparing for PG during UG itself which would be less hectic..
3. How many hours did u study?
I studied 12-14 hours.
4. Your tips for success
Revision is the key for sucess, that too periodic revision. What i did was, if i studied 5 days in a week, i will use the remaining 2 days for revision
5. During your preparation, did you ever doubt your ability to succeed in it?
Getting a PG seat may be delayed but never denied if u work hard in a proper attitude
6. How much time do you think one requires for serious preparation for this examination?
For a average student like me who didn't studied well during UG, need 12 months full preparation with a positive strategy
7. When did you seriously start preparing for this exam?
After my internship
8. Did you face the problem of volatile memory? If so, how did you deal with it?
Yes...especially subjects like pharmac, spm, anatomy, fm.so i used to revise these subjects as much as possible..
9. What was your daily timetable during the preparation? Were you able to stick to the timetable strictly?
I used to put daily, weekly and monthly timetable...so that i will get some pressure to finish it in stipulated time, otherwise i won't be able to complete.
10. What is your advice to the future aspirants?
If you didn't study well in UG, don't worry, just do three thing.
1. See the usmle kaplan step one video (3wks video which is equivalent to 5 years mbbs studies) 2. Study subject wise guide line by line 3. Give adr plexus exam especially for PGI
11. Which books did you read for the theory part?
During my pg preparation i didn't study any theory books
12. What was your strategy for the exam day?
The week before the exam, i used to study only 10-12 hr and i will study the subject wise numericals side by side and i will sleep 9.30 pm itself, so that it will be help full the day before the exam. On the exam day morning, i won't study anything and relax myself
13. What was ur style of answering question. Whether you started from question no 1 and ended with 250 or started from middle of the question paper.
Started from q no 1
14. Did u underwent the phase of depression . How did u overcome it?
No. the reason is I am able to get some good rank in all exam, but I am not able to get general medicine. I already told know PG SEAT MAY BE DELAYED BUT NOT DENIED
15. What was your strategy for AIPGMEE 2014-15?
No specific strategy for AIPGMEE, i used to write all exams as important exams. don't waste time by studying kalam dnb guides...
16. How many choices did u attempt? ROUGH NUMBER. Please detail your strategies
In AIIMS, i attempted 191 questions, to avoid unwanted negative marks
In PGI, i attempted around 490 -495 options, i didn't take that much risk, but i think toppers used to attempt 550 options, I am not sure In jipmer, i attempted 230 questions only, since this November jipmer was tough In AIPGMEE, i attempted all, since there is no direct negatives
17. What are the do's and don'ts in AIPGMEE exam
Do's...attempt all QUS read all options before marking the options and read the questions twice especially look for any words like except, least, most, best, gold, true, false... Don't...after exam don't check answers for the questions and depress yourself, its quite obvious for anybody to make mistake in any exam,
18. YOUR recommended books for AIPGMEE PREPARATION
Anatomy, phsiology, biochem... across, Pharmac. and patho.. sparsh Micro...rachna chourasia Spm...vivek jain or arvindh arora, both r good Fm..across Ent.. sibu george Opthal.. across Medicine and surgery...ashish gupta Og...sakshi Pediatrics.. arvindh arora Ortho... across At last, friends, now I am going to give this may 2015 aiims, pgi and jipmer.. but i think my subject knowledge content for PGI is not enough.. so now i have joined ADr PLEXUS CRASH COURSE which is going to begin march 12th 2015... I would like to thank my parents and friends who were supportive throughout my journey