1. ABOUT ADRPLEXUS NIMHANS PROGRAM @ CHENNAI
Awesome. Coaching programme helped me streamline my neuro preparation
2. How useful was your interaction with Dr LG Vishwanath NIMHANS 2013 topper?
Yes it was useful as it gave me an idea on which part of neuro to concentrate.
3. What was your study Plan?
Study plan was very simple. I would do some part of neuro everyday and rest I focused on general stuff. Don't leave any subject as questions can come from any.
4. How many hours did u study ?
Roughly 12 hours
5. Your tips for success
Hard work and consistency is the mantra.
6. During your preparation, did you ever doubt your ability to succeed in it?
I didn't doubt my ability because I knew I had prepared well
7. How much time do you think one requires for serious preparation for this examination?
10 months of solid preparation should be good enough.
8. When did you seriously start preparing for this exam?
I started preparing for it during end of internship.
9. Did you face the problem of volatile memory? If so, how did you deal with it?
I didn't have volatile memory but some subjects like pharma and micro are volatile. So multiple revisions is the best way to overcome it.
10. What was your daily timetable during the preparation? Were you able to stick to the timetable strictly?
I did stick to my time table because without discipline nothing is going to happen.
11. What is your advice to the future aspirants?
Hard work is the only way through and also holding on to the pressure is important. There is really no point if one cannot deliver on the exam day
12. Which books did you read for the theory part?
I had read Harrison neurology and niraj ahuja for psychiatry. Then rest basic undergraduate text books.
13. What was your strategy for the exam day?
Answer all questions and don't leave more than five. Attempted 148
14. What was ur style of answering question. Whether you started from question no
1 and ended with LAST QUESTION or started from middle of the question paper. Started from the QN no.1 and answered all of them in 3 rounds
15. Did u underwent the phase of depression. How did u overcome it ?
No. I didn't, but it was frustrating to read the same
Content especially after getting a seat in aipgmee, neuro was the saviour to take off all that frustration as I enjoyed reading it.
16. Your ADVICE for future toppers?
Advice to future toppers would be study smart and the result may not be instantaneous,so have patience and keep working.
17. Your Advice for Future aspirants of NIMHANS
It is an easy exam, read up neuro related topics well, questions will be challenging from there and rest general stuff also to be read well.