1. How many questions did you attempt in this NIMHANS?
All 100 Questions J
2. What was your study Plan?
Had 25 days left after pgi exam,, I planned to Read 5yrs past question papers & neuro related topics for first 15 days, then read general topics and revise
3. How many hours did u study ?
It used to fluctuate, Average 8-10 hours ,during exam time- 12-14 hours
4. Your tips for success
-Planned hard work , -Confidence in yourself and faith in God.. -‘Revise’ many times -Never give up, under any circumstance!!
5. During your preparation, did you ever doubt your ability to succeed in it?
In the beginning a bit ,, but most of the times I suppressed it .. and always thought I CAN!
6. How much time do you think one requires for serious preparation for this examination?
There is no fixed time period ,, it depends on how one goes about the preparation ,minimum 6 months( I feel it is very subjective)
7. When did you seriously start preparing for this exam?
After may Pgi exam
8. Did you face the problem of volatile memory? If so, how did you deal with it?
Ya EVERYONE does face ,, I too did . I used to keep extra revision for those which I felt I cant ‘recall’ easily
9. What was your daily timetable during the preparation? Were you able to stick to the timetable strictly?
Daily time-table: half a day- theory(subjectwise) half day-Mcqs . I was not able to stick to it many times except for a week before exam when I maintained strict time-table and followed it
10. What is your advice to the future aspirants?
The period of preparing for these exams are not easy.. everyone starts well but it is crucial to sustain the effort. Must keep distractions away though. Believe in hard work and never stop until u succeed
11. Which books did you read for the theory part?
Only selected topics in Harrisons ,ganong and used to refer other standard books whenever needed.
12. What was your strategy for the exam day?
Get up fresh in the morning with ‘atleast’ 6 hours sleep, Pray God( I went to temple On the wayJ), took blessings from parents,brother. Just be relaxed before exam ,which matters a lot and be determined to be fully concentrated during the EXAM HOURS ( The decider )
14. Did u underwent the phase of depression . How did u overcome it ?
No , I dint undergo depression anytime.. but whenever I got less marks in any exam , I just boosted up myself by reminding about my previous experiences and success , take as a challenge and bounce back in the next exam.
NIMHANS TIPS FOR YOUR JUNIORS
15. What was your strategy for NIMHANS EXAM – JUNE 2012
I had 25 days to prepare for NIMHANS after Pgi exam , I planned to read all neuro related
For 1st 2 weeks ,, remaining days revise it and revise other subjects from my notes.
16. What are the do’s and don’ts in NIMHANS exam
Dos- give equal weightage to neuro related topics and all other subjects. Donts – NEVER think that there r very few seats -will I get through!.
17. YOUR recommended books for PG PREPARATION
For NIMHANS EXAM-Harrison (cns) , ganong , neuroanatomy pictures from any good book. Revision of Notes prepared by you (if any) saves a lot of time & u can remember & recollect it easily.
18. ABOUT ADRPLEXUS - NIMHANS
I got to know about adrplexus coaching for Nimhans from my friends ,my roommate, I straight away planned of joining it . Classes were very well planned for NIMHANS exam Got a very good background about neuro related topics. It gave me confidence. Even the online mock tests held by ADRPLEXUS were very helpful. Thanks to ARUN sir and Adr plexus team