I wrote a couple of ADrPlexus PGI mock exams, and they went a long way in helping me finish the paper on time, which I could not do in the may pgi exam. It also highlighted some of the important topics which we generally tend to miss.
1. How many questions did you attempt in this NOV PGI 2010 ?
2. What was your study Plan?
I studied subjectwise, following the mcq books and did previous AI and AIIMS papers inbtwn. Started pgi papers after the aiims exam.
3. How many hours did u study ?
Around 10-12 hrs a day.
4. Your tips for success
Try to follow whatever method you used to study so far, as if it has worked so far it will workout for your entrance preps too.
5. During your preparation, did you ever doubt your ability to succeed in it?
Something I had in the back of my mind, and it was something that helped me to keep studying.
6. How much time do you think one requires for serious preparation for this examination?
12 months of serious studying is needed in my opinion.
7. When did you seriously start preparing for this exam?
After completing my internship, from april 2010.
8. Did you face the problem of volatile memory? If so, how did you deal with it?
Revision is the only solution.
9. What was your daily timetable during the preparation? Were you able to stick to the timetable strictly?
My timetable was on completing the topics planned for the day rather than the time, and I was able to follow it 90% of the time.
10. What is your advice to the future aspirants?
Try to enjoy your studies than considering it a burden, will help you retain better and also keep you in a good frame of mind whe you get to the exams.
11. Which books did you read for the theory part?
Used them only for reference.
12. What was your strategy for the exam day?
Good sleep the previous night.
13. What was ur style of answering question. Whether you started from question no 1 and ended with 250 or started from middle of the question paper.
I started with the first question and went in order.
14. Did u underwent the phase of depression . How did u overcome it ?
I did have my off days, but wouldn’t call it depression. I would take my mind off studies for some time and that always helped me refocus.
PGI TIPS FOR YOUR JUNIORS
15. What was your strategy for NOVEMBER PGI 2010 ?
Studied mcq books subjectwise and quickly rushed through the pgi papers after the aims exam.
16. HOW many choices did u attempt ?
Must be somewhere around 510-530
17. What are the do’s and don’ts in PGI exam
Plan your timing well and don’t make silly mistakes like missing the except in the questions.
18. YOUR recommended books for PG PREPARATION
Ashish Gupta, Mudit Khanna, Saumya Shukla for the short subjects.