1. ABOUT ADRPLEXUS
I owe this rank to ADR plexus and Arun sir.. It served as a beacon for students lost in the sea of knowledge. Best classes were of Rakesh sir, Harikrishna sir, Sibu George sir
2. What was your study Plan?
I solved MCQs by looking only at the question, but finding answers on my own in standard text books. Last one month was only rapid revision and the last week was for memorizing volatile topics.
3. How many hours did u study ?
10 hrs as routine. 14-15 hrs in the last month
4. Your tips for success
Search for answers on your own. Refer to volumes only if you cant find the answer. Don’t waste time on searching manually, keep a laptop and all standard books in it. When you click ‘search’ on a topic, ex- Myxoma, read the top 3 pages which are displayed.
5. During your preparation, did you ever doubt your ability to succeed in it?
Ofcourse yes. Arun sir got me out of it.
6. How much time do you think one requires for serious preparation for this examination?
6 months – if you had read well in UG. 12 months – if not
7. When did you seriously start preparing for this exam?
8. Did you face the problem of volatile memory? If so, how did you deal with it?
Yes. I prepared some funny mnemonics. USMLE step-1 is a boon for students like me.
9. What was your daily timetable during the preparation? Were you able to stick to the timetable strictly?
Morning pharmac and micro (these are most volatile). Till evening- the scheduled subject for the day. Night- question paper & ‘search’ing in laptop
10. What is your advice to the future aspirants?
Be positive Belive in yourself Never compare your self to anybody Dream dream dream.
11. Which books did you read for the theory part?
Harrison, Nelson, Katzung, Ganong (1st five chapters, Nephro, RS), Sabiston, Lippincott’s, Nelson pretest, surgery mcgraw hill pretest, Psychiatry pretest, Harrison pretest, Immunology Kaplan notes, OBG & Statistics high yield.
12. What was your strategy for the exam day?
To complete the paper Not to make frame shifts And not to miss “all except”.
13. What was ur style of answering question. Whether you started from question no 1 and ended with LAST QUESTION or started from middle of the question paper.
Started from 1 – 210 Then 250 – 210 in reverse.
14. Did u underwent the phase of depression . How did u overcome it ?
Yes I used to prepare a whole new time table.
15. Your ADVICE for future toppers
Short term intense plans are more helpful than long term plans. Take the mock tests seriously. If you don’t have mood to study, please take a break. Don’t byheart lists, just generalize them and apply logic. Be brave to focous on one single exam and chase it.