1. How many questions did you attempt in this NOV AIIMS 2012 ?
2. What was your study Plan?
Finish last 7 years of all india and aims ques papers subjectwise first and then go for subjectwise books and some references from text book…please read atleast last two year papers of pgi …it will be of great help…
3. How many hours did u study ?
10-12 hours a day
4. Your tips for success
Hardwork plus smartwork…both are essential to get success…above all calmness under pressure and persistence…
5. During your preparation, did you ever doubt your ability to succeed in it?
Yes,many times…you should get over it as quickly as possible..
6. How much time do you think one requires for serious preparation for this examination?
6 months to 8 months of serious preparation…
7. When did you seriously start preparing for this exam?
After completion of internship…ideally it should start in second or third year of mbbs…
8. Did you face the problem of volatile memory? If so, how did you deal with it?
Yes ..revising repeatedly is the only way to overcome it..pneumonics or some little stories about the facts is of great help…
9. What was your daily timetable during the preparation? Were you able to stick to the timetable strictly?
Have short term and long term plans…try to finish it as far as possible but don’t be in a hurry to complete the subject…please understand the subject and be thorough in whatever you read,otherwise it is total waste of time ..you will not be able to read it properly towards the end and recollect quickly in examination.. don’t leave any subject…try to cover as far as possible..i used to do question paper two third of a day..rest of the day reference from theory books..most of the time I lag behind but I move on to next subject and cover the rest later if I had time…
10. What is your advice to the future aspirants?
Set a goal and keep working towards it…target one exam but attend all the exams…have confidence in yourself…get ideas from your seniors and your coaching centres…solving mcqs is the best way to prepare for any entrance exam..