1. PLEASE SHARE YOUR VIEWS ABOUT ADRPLEXUS
Adrplexus played very key role in my PGI Preparation. PGI mock tests for which I have applied were very helpful in planning strategy for the exam, and I advise my friends and others planning to write PGI to take Adrplexus Mock Tests.
2. What was your study Plan?
My studyplan was doing pgi volumes and trying to revise as many times as possible of those topics.
3. How many hours did u study?
On a good day upto 12hrs and on off day upto 4-5hrs.
4. Your tips for success
Revision is most important part of any pg exam for success.
5. During your preparation, did you ever doubt your ability to succeed in it?
I felt depressed sometimes in my preparation but i never doubted my ability.
6. How much time do you think one requires for serious preparation for this examination?
6 months of good preparation with atleast 2 revisions.
7. When did you seriously start preparing for this exam only after my internship i began serious preparation Did you face the problem of volatile memory? If so, how did you deal with it?
Yes, but not to great extent multiple revisions helped me to deal with it.
8. What was your daily timetable during the preparation? Were you able to stick to the timetable strictly?
I have gone through all the PGI volumes subjectwise and read those topics in my notes or standard books, reading atleast l0hrs per day is my target i’m successful on 80% of the days.
9. What is your advice to the future aspirants?
For PGI one should try to be familiar with as many topics as possible rather than no. of questions like in other exams because topics get repeated but not options most of times . I will also advise to take adrplexus mock tests and devise own strategy for exam.
10. Which books did you read for the theory part?
BIOCHEM-REBECCA JAMES AND HARPER FOR REFERENCE,
MICRO-ANANATH NARAYAN AND RACHANA CHAURASIA,
PATHOLOGY AND PHARMA-GARG,
PSM-VIVEK JAIN AND PARK FOR REFERENCE,
OBG-DUTTA AND SAKSHI ARORA,
SURGERY-PULSE AND BAILEY,
ORTHO- APURV MEHRA
11. What was your strategy for the exam day?
Time management and attempting as many options as possible was strategy
12. What was ur style of answering question. Whether you started from question no 1 and ended with last question or started from middle of the question paper.
I always started from 1st question onwards.
13. Did u underwent the phase of depression. How did u overcome it?
YES, after may 2015 PGI I secured 318 rank and my parents and friends supported me a lot during that phase.
TIPS FOR YOUR JUNIORS
14. What was your strategy for NOV 2015?
Main target for me was going through all questions in time and marking as many options as possible.
15. HOW many choices did u attempt ? ROUGH NUMBER. Please detail your strategies
I have attempted around 565 choices but not much sure about no. of correctly marked choices may be around 500,never make mistakes in simple questions and as time management is very important for pgi one should not waste too much time on some questions.
16. What are the do’s and don’ts in exam
Time management with accuracy both are important for pgi, and never one should waste on some questions Your recommended books for pg preparation.