1. PLEASE SHARE YOUR VIEWS ABOUT ADRPLEXUS
ADrPLEXUS Mock test was very helpful to me and guarantee whoever takes the mock test seriously, they will be benefited
2. What was your study Plan?
I started reading early from 3rd year onwards with a clear plan to get seat in 1st attempt.. I read from 6-8 hours daily but in the last 3 months put in 10-12 hours..
3. Your tips for success.
Start early, keep faith.. There will be feelings of hopelessness in between, but, keep going forward..
4. During your preparation, did you ever doubt your ability to succeed in it?
Yes.. There were times when feelings of hopelessness came but I used to overcome them with my fav quote 'Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up'
5. How much time do you think one requires for serious preparation for this examination?
For PGIMER ,preparation must start early.. A good conceptual knowledge is quintessential for cracking PGI
6. When did you seriously start preparing for this exam?
From my 3rd year of MBBS.
7. Did you face the problem of volatile memory? If so, how did you deal with it?
Yes..esp.biochem,ophthal,pharmac..I wrote down essential concepts in them and read them enough number of times and discussed them with friends to get a hold on these subjects.
8. What was your daily timetable during the preparation? Were you able to stick to the timetable strictly?
Timetable of daily routine was an ideal for me and as u well know ideals are never achieved in real world (eg:ideal gas,ideal anaesthetic)..u can only come close to it.. So I always tried to come as close to the ideals I set for myself..
9. What is your advice to the future aspirants?
Keep confidence in your abilities and read sincerely.. Nothing is impossible..
10. What was your strategy for the exam day?
Keeping calm and revising the concepts in mind..
11. What was ur style of answering question. Whether you started from question no 1 and ended with last question or started from middle of the question paper.
Started from first and ended with the last question.. Left the questions which dint ring a bell in my brain..
12. Did u underwent the phase of depression. How did u overcome it?
Yes.. I had amazing friends who helped me overcome it and I used to go through strong motivational quotes..
13. HOW many choices did u attempt ? ROUGH NUMBER. Please detail your strategies
I roughly attempted some 550 choices in may 2015.. Strategy was to get as little negatives as possible but without compromising potential positives.. It can be formed by reading Manoj chaudhary thoroughly and going through ADR plexus pgi mocks sincerely and the explanation parts and correcting yourself everytime..
14. What are the do’s and don’ts in exam
Do's: keep calm.
Dont's: don't panic just because one question appears to be out of the box.. Instead, calmly skip it..
15. YOUR recommended books for PG PREPARATION
Short subjects: Arvind arora, Patho: gobind Garg, Pharmac:sparsh gupta,
Micro:rachna chaurasia, Med and surgery:ashish Gupta, Psm:Vivek jain
Obg:sakshi arora, Peds:Arvind arora
Subject wise books are the key and then for pgi Manoj chaudhary is a must read..